Monday, March 25, 2013

Frustration

Today's only half over and I already feel like it was a failure. H came in this morning, but wasn't feeling well, so she left before classes even started. Not a big deal at all, really, but I think today the students could have used her presence in the classroom. They do fine listening to me and acknowledging me as their teacher, but they still try to push boundaries when she's not around. That, coupled with today being a Monday, made it worse than usual.

On top of the students being a little rowdy, I felt like I didn't put enough preparation into the day's lesson, so I felt as though my instruction wasn't very effective. The topic is generally a harder one for students to grasp, and I feel like I should have spent more time getting ready for the lesson so that I could have taught them better. Period two went better as far as my instruction, but the class behavior was much worse. The difference between the two classes makes it hard to figure out what changes I could implement to make the lesson run better next time. I know I need to spend more time explaining everything, but I don't know how I would explain anything differently.

The end of the quarter is this week, and it is definitely causing me to feel overwhelmed, especially since I just had students turn in a big project that now needs to be graded. By Friday. And I have to work on my TWS. And plan a bridal shower. And I don't even know what else. But I'm going to get through it all one foot in front of the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment